Is this really happening? Is 2014 already OVER?
Yeah, sure, everybody deals with end-of-the-year anxieties and we all end up thinking to ourselves: “where did the year go?” and either lament (hugs to you) or smile (even laugh ha!). I think it’s a time for all of us to take a deep breath… and take it all in….
In 2014 La Cooquette….
- signed on to join MiTú Networks content creators’ YouTube partnership. They’ve been really nice and have sponsored us for events and promoted our videos, besides introducing us to cool talent like El Guzii.
- made over 24 original recipes — double that amount in videos and triple it for test-recipes.
- attended the breathtaking LA Food & Wine Festival (where I met famous/amazing chefs and food people besides eating fancy and crazy dishes) and the Mole Festival in Los Angeles (where I just ate. and loved mole).
- went to its first International Food Bloggers Conference!! Driving more than 2,200 miles from LA to Seattle. Yes, I said driving. and live-tweeting. Beautiful experience, met lovely people there like Go Gingham, Small Chicks Big Eats and Chinese Grandma!
- hosted its first giveaway!
- Hacked Chipotle and catered for 40 peeps (at an 8-yr-old’s red carpet premiere of her own short film).
- did its first sponsored video for the Clinton Foundation, in partnership with Too Small to Fail, to help promote child literacy (with what else other than a fun recipe?). Thanks to MiTú for making it happen!
- garnered over 26K views on our videos. That’s as many avocados I wanna eat in a lifetime (too little?)
- ate bugs for the first time. And lived to tell the story —> on video! Yum.
- gained over 943 subscribers!!
- created another English-only channel (“La Cooquette Food”) to serve our audience in a better way (serve, as in “serve them food”, yes!)
- got engaged! 🙂
Wow. They say time flies when you are having fun, I guess?
But let’s get down to business…and by business I always mean FOOD.
La Cooquette’s Best of 2014 Recipes
Here are my Top 5 Best of 2014 recipe lists… I love lists so I have a Top 5 with the English videos with the most views, then a Top 5 for the ones in Spanish and finally a Top 5 of my favorite recipes to do, eat, and shoot!
Top 5, Best 2014 Recipes (Most-viewed, only English videos)
3. Brigadeiros and Beijiños (Brazilian chocolate and milk truffles)
Top 5 Best 2014 recipes I LOVED filming and eating 🙂
- Eating BUGS. – Ok, not one of my recipes, but a truly fun experience! I think my faces show this (and yes, that’s a scorpion’s tail in the last one).
- White Chocolate Pear Skulls – for Halloween. Tried to do my best “Día de Muertos“ makeup.
- Chocolate and Coconut Fried Chicken – yes. As in chicken fried with coconut and chicken fried with chocolate (or cocoa powder!).
- Pork Chops with Plantains – a traditional dish from my home country Honduras!
- Ginger Alfajores (or dulce de leche sandwich cookies) – these are BOMB. Beautiful little bombs of flavor! Plus I learned how to make dulce de leche in a VERY easy way!
Chocolate Avocado Pudding – we shot this video (in Spanish) with two beautiful little girls who helped raise awareness of the importance of child literacy.
Oh what can 2015 bring? All I can say is….
BRING IT ON, FOOD.
Happy New Year 2015!
If you liked what you saw… SUBSCRIBE!
- For videos in English: http://bit.ly/LaCooquetteFoodSubscribe
- For videos in Spanish: http://bit.ly/LaCooquettesubscribe